We use cookies to make sure our website better meets your expectations.
You can adjust your web browser's settings to stop accepting cookies. For further information, read our cookie policy.
SEARCH
IN Warsaw
Exchange Rates
Warsaw Stock Exchange - Indices
The Warsaw Voice » Business » September 24, 2008
You have to be logged in to use the ReadSpeaker utility and listen to a text. It's free-of-charge. Just log in to the site or register if you are not registered user yet.
Lafarge, Ciech Join Forces to Make 'Green Cement'
September 24, 2008 By A.R.    
Article's tools:
Print

Building material producer Lafarge Cement and chemical corporation Grupa Chemiczna Ciech joined forces in September to recycle fly ash and use it to make cement. The zl.40-million project will result in the production of "green cement," executives said.

A new business called the Ash Management Plant will be established in Janikowo near Inowrocław, Kujawy-Pomerania province, next to the existing Soda Polska Ciech plant. Using technology from U.S. company Separation Technologies LLC, the new facility will recycle and upgrade fly ash, which will then be used as a raw material for the production of cement. Lafarge will hold 71 percent of the stock in the venture, and Ciech will have the remaining 29 percent.

Lafarge is a world leader in the production of building materials, including cement, concrete, aggregate, and gypsum. The company has a workforce of 90,000 in 76 countries.

Grupa Chemiczna Ciech, a group of more than 30 companies, is Poland's largest chemical corporation and one of the largest in Central Europe. Its main products are calcined soda, phosphatic and compound fertilizers, plant pesticides, epoxy and polyester resins.
© The Warsaw Voice 2010-2018
E-mail Marketing Powered by SARE