We use cookies to make sure our website better meets your expectations.
You can adjust your web browser's settings to stop accepting cookies. For further information, read our cookie policy.
SEARCH
IN Warsaw
Exchange Rates
Warsaw Stock Exchange - Indices
The Warsaw Voice » Special Sections » August 29, 2012
Bumar Żołnierz
You have to be logged in to use the ReadSpeaker utility and listen to a text. It's free-of-charge. Just log in to the site or register if you are not registered user yet.
About the company
August 29, 2012   
Article's tools:
Print

Bumar Żołnierz S.A. specializes in the production and sale of optoelectronic observation and aiming devices employing laser, night vision and thermovision technologies supplied to the military and other services. Furthermore, the company deals with research and development as well as implementation activities.

The company produces the following devices:
- night vision goggles and monoculars
- night vision aviator’s goggles
- night vision and thermovision binoculars
- day-night and night vision aiming sights
- thermovision aiming sights
- collimator sights
- periscopes for various armored vehicles
laser rangefinders
- observation systems for various armored vehicles, including night vision and thermal-TV systems
- flight parameter display systems
- fire control systems
- warning systems for armored vehicles
- The company also modernizes periscopes and observation systems for armored vehicles.

Bumar Żołnierz S.A. was established in 1976 under the name of Przemysłowe Centrum Optyki. In 1994 the enterprise was transformed into a joint-stock company. It was renamed Bumar Żołnierz on Sept. 26, 2011.

The Bumar Sp. z o.o. company holds 89.69 percent of Bumar Żołnierz’s shares. The remaining 10.31 percent is held by employees.
The company’s governing bodies are the General Meeting of Shareholders, the Supervisory Board and the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consists of:
- President of the Board/Director General
- Member of the Board/Business and Finance Director
- Member of the Board/Technical Director

Brief history
April 23, 1976 – the Machine Industry Minister issues order No. 60/Org/76 on the establishment of a state-owned enterprise called Przemysłowe Centrum Optyki;

Early 1980s - mass production begins at Przemysłowe Centrum Optyki (Ceryt range of products);

1982 – the company opens offices on Ostrobramska Street in Warsaw;

1985-1988 - first batch of military products exported (78 Bobrawa laser warning systems shipped to Romania);

Aug. 23, 1994 – Przemysłowe Centrum Optyki becomes a joint-stock company and is entered into the national register of companies under commercial law;

Sept. 23, 2002 - Przedsiębiorstwo Handlu Zagranicznego Bumar Sp. z o.o.acquires 80-percent ownership of Przemysłowe Centrum Optyki and the rest of the stock is transferred to employees;

April 2008 - the company moves to its new headquarters on Jana Nowaka Jeziorańskiego Street in Warsaw;

Aug. 31, 2011 – Przemysłowe Centrum Optyki shareholders decide to rename the company Bumar Żołnierz;
Latest articles in Special Sections
Latest news in Special Sections
Mercure - The 6 Friends Theory - Casting call
© The Warsaw Voice 2010-2018
E-mail Marketing Powered by SARE