Tauron may relaunch tender for PLN4.4bn power project - CEO
September 3, 2013
Power group Tauron will only wait until September 30 to receive guarantees from the consortium picked to build a new power block in Jaworzno and will cancel the tender and announce a new one if the consortium fails to present them, Tauron CEO Dariusz Lubera told reporters at the sidelines of an investment forum in Tarnow, southern Poland.
"So far we have not received guarantees. We will not wait forever. Until September 30 at the latest," Lubera said. "If by then we get no guarantees, the tender will be annulled and relaunched."
On July 31 Tauron extended to September 30 the validity of the offer to build 800-910 MW power block in Jaworzno submitted by builder Mostostal Warszawa and engineering firm Rafako. Tauron picked the consortium of Rafako/Mostostal Warszawa as contractors for the project in January. The winning bid stands at net PLN 4.4 billion.