We use cookies to make sure our website better meets your expectations.
You can adjust your web browser's settings to stop accepting cookies. For further information, read our cookie policy.
SEARCH
IN Warsaw
Exchange Rates
Warsaw Stock Exchange - Indices
The Warsaw Voice » News from March 10, 2017
All news from ...
MAGAZINE LATEST ISSUE
Polish intellectual and diplomat Adam Daniel Rotfeld played a key role in creating a new system of international security in the enlarged European Union. He contributed to settling the Transnistria conflict in the 1990s, helped resolve the political crisis in Ukraine during the Orange Revolution in
Get The Warsaw Voice magazine mobile edition
Free subscription!
Limited time offer!
Hurry up!
Now available at App Store and Google Play
hh
Politics
EU leaders appointed Donald Tusk as president of the European Council for another term of office on Thursday despite strong opposition from the Eurosceptic government of his own country, Poland and its diplomatic efforts to install MEP Jacek Saryusz-Wolski to the post.
Politics
Ruling party Law and Justice (PiS) suffered a slight 1-ppt decline in voter support to 33%, while former governing party Civic Platform (PO) enjoyed a steep 9-pps increase to 24%, shows the latest survey by Kantar Millward Brown for broadcasters TVN and TVN24.
Business
The Polish banking sector is stable and solvent, with major challenges ahead including the FX loans restructuring, financial market regulator KNF head Marek Chrzanowski said on Thursday.
Business
Coal trader Weglokoks, which holds a stake in mining group PGG, will not be an equity investor in ailing coal miner KHW, which is to be merged with PGG, Energy Minister Krzysztof Tchorzewski told reporters in parliament.
Society
Poland will permanently host EU border agency Frontex, based on a deal signed on Thursday.
Society
People over 50 already account for 28.2% of all registered unemployed, the highest level ever, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna daily wrote.
Business
Large-cap power group PGE, Poland's largest power producer, will launch its own TFI investment fund house.
Society
Nearly 70% of Poles are in favor of the planned reform of pension funds (OFE) assuming transfer of 25% of pension assets to Demographic Reserve Fund and privatization of the remaining 75%, a survey by CBOS commissioned by the pension house lobby shows.
Business
Net assets under management (AuM) of Polish investment funds edged up by 1.4% or PLN 3.8 billion to PLN 265.5 billion at end-February, fueled by a stock market rally and a positive result on management, a report by researcher Analizy Online and asset management lobby IZFiA showed.
Business
Presidential bill on partial returns of spreads on FX mortgages is safe for the banking sector and takes into account the external economic situation, deputy Finance Minister Leszek Skiba wrote in a response to an MP inquiry.
Business
Poland may have sported a 40% year on year increase in VAT receipts in the first two months of 2017, including an 80% y/y increase in February to PLN 11.6 billion, the daily Puls Biznesu reported.
Business
Echo Properties Polska REIT, minority owned by listed real estate group Echo Investment, posted EUR 3.14 profit per share in the four-month period to end-2016 and is on track to realize plans for 2017, the company said in a press statement.
Business
Alior Bank expects to sport some PLN 167 million this year in synergies resulting from the takeover of core operations of bank BPH, while integration costs in the period are expected to reach PLN 195 million and peak in Q2 2017, Alior Bank said on Thursday.
© The Warsaw Voice 2010-2015
E-mail Marketing Powered by SARE